Forums General Support
  • Topic: Contest Rules and Regulations

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 16, 2012 3:47 PM IST
    • Contest Rules and Regulations

Starting from April 2012, Contests would be held regularly on WriteUpCafe.com wherein every member is free to take part. Please go through the following points before submitting your entries for the contest.

Procedure

You may create a post on your personal blog or create a writeup on WriteUpCafe.com and submit the link to the post in the Sumbit Entry section of the contest. After entering the URL to your post you may click on the "auto suggest form fills from url" to populate the description, title, tags and photo automatically from your post. Click "Submit Link" to submit your entry.

Rules

1. You may submit a maximum of 2 entries for a particular contest.

2. Each entry should be a fresh post written specifically for the particular contest. Please do not submit previously written posts which are somewhat related to the contest topic.

3. Generally your entry may be a poem, a short story, an essay or a simple narration unless otherwise specified.

4. In order to verify that the link submitted belongs to you and that it is written specifically for the particular contest we will provide specific codes for all contests which you will need to put at the end of your post. The codes will be found in the contest details page. Posts that do not have the code will not be considered for the contest.

Selecting the winners

Winners will be selected based on various parameters like quality of content, style of writing, creativity, relevance to the topic, etc.

We believe that only creating good content is not enough, it is also important how it connects with the readers. However the popularity of the post will have no part in deciding the winners.

In case you have any further questions you may ask here in the forum. If you have any idea / suggestion / feedback regarding the contest, please let us know through the forum.

Cheers,

Team WC

This post was edited by BK at August 23, 2012 11:43 AM IST
    • March 11, 2013 11:08 AM IST

Hello, I wanted to participate on the contest which you have sent on my page .. the ten words poem/story.. however, i see it says the submission is closed?

• March 11, 2013 11:14 AM IST

Hello Shetall, The contest you are trying to submit to is an old one and has ended. We have new contests coming up every month and it accepts submission for about a month before the contest closes.

• March 18, 2013 5:43 PM IST

Hi! I just noticed that contest rules don't talk about 30% votes anymore. Have votes been taken out of the equation? That was the major turn off for me. Hoping it is true!

• June 20, 2013 11:10 AM IST

Hi! I have a question regarding the code at the end of every contest. It does not appear properly on my blog...is there a problem since I use wordpress?

• February 19, 2014 12:51 PM IST

What is the prize? for the winner?
      I am a first timer here! :)

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel