If you are looking for a destination for spending a lazy weekend in the Himalayas, then Ramdhura is a perfect destination. Located Just 15 Km from Kalimpong and 7 Km from Delo, Ramdhura is the newly found weekend destination of North Bengal, it is a small Bhutia community village surrounded by pine forests and cinchona plantations and a stunning view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and the river Teesta are flowing.
Pine forest surrounds Ramdhura, you can take a short trek to local village. You can also visit Jalsa Bungalow build by the British in 1930. You can catch panoramic views of mountains and valleys from Hanuman Tok View point which is nearby to Ramdhura village.
- Short trek to Jalsa Bungalow build by The British in 1930 and hikes around the surrounding cinchona plantation to Cinchona Godown .
- Day trips to the Algara Bazar , Delo Nature Park, Rikissum, and other places.
- Damsang Fort, Valley of Silence and Ramitey Dara (where you can get the longest view of River Teesta) is other nearby attraction
- You can also visit to Mahadev Dham temple and Hanuman Tok (View point).
In addition Ramdhura is a paradise for bird watchers.
How to reach: You can take any bus from NJP, Bagdogra or Siliguri to Kalimpong and from Kalimpong you have take the pick-up service of Ramdhura . Ramdhura is around 15 kms from Kalimpong. The home stay also arranges pick-up services from NJP, Bagdogra, Siliguri and Rangpo or you can hire a car directly from NJP , siliguri or Bagdogra. Charges approximately 1800 INR to 2500 INR depending on season time.
Season to Visit:
You can visit Ramdhura any time of the year.Each season has its own magic. During winter you can witness mesmerizing sunrise over Mt. Kanchenjungha. During the monsoon you can feel the clouds. In summer, if you want to beat the heat of the plains, then you can visit this place for its pleasant cool weather
Accommodation and Food:
Ramdhura has a few Home stays where you would enjoy the traditional stay and learn about the local culture and traditions. I prefer Jojo Lapha Home Stay, this one stays provide clean, comfortable rooms with attached bathrooms with western toilet facilities. Hot water is available on demand. You can enjoy the local traditional meal prepared. They have two triple room charges are 1000 INR per person per night including all fording charges.
You can also check in with
- Bhutia Home stay – (M) +91 8371987691, 9647333588
- Khaling Home Stay-(M) +919933803187,+918759192633